In over 30 years of experience as a Chartered Accountant and an insolvency practitioner, I found the most common mistake that led to business failure was inadequate financial information as to the current position of the entity and inadequate information with which to forecast the future of the business. If management knew where they were at and where they will be unless remedial action is taken then they may be in a position to avoid the collapse, or at least mitigate the damage.
Bookkeeping is at the coal face of financial information. I have determined that I can do more to save businesses and help them reach their potential by putting in place systems whereby reliable and readily available financial information can be made readily available.
We are not about merely processing data and giving you results. We are about giving you the option to skill yourself to produce the financial information yourself and to be able to analyse the information so you can act on it. We can empower you if that is what you want.
We will help you identify which information is important and how you can streamline your business information flow so you only need to focus on the exceptions to the norm. This includes if you are doing something right, identifying what it is so you can keep repeating it.
Who Are We?
AnytimeAnyhere Bookkeeping is a division of The Business Physician Pty Limited ABN 40 105 938 225, an incorporated chartered accounting practice.
The Business Physician Pty Limited is a registered BAS Agent.
AnytimeAnyhere Bookkeeping is an independent bookkeeping practice. We are not a franchise and we don’t outsource. We will however sometimes obtain assistance from a number of registered tax agents for more difficult issues.
We are based in Toongabbie in Western Sydney but our practice is set up so that geographical location is irrelevant.
Credentials & Qualifications
My name is John Burke. I am the principal of AnyTimeAnywhere Bookkeeping Service which is a division of The Business Physician Pty Limited ABN 40 105 938 225.
I am a former registered official liquidator, registered trustee in bankruptcy and a semi-retired chartered accountant. I am also a retired legal practitioner in New South Wales.
In over 35 years as an insolvency practitioner, I continually saw businesses that failed because the owners and management did not have access to accurate up-to-date financial information and forecasts. If they had access to that information in a timely manner then probably they would have been in a position to take remedial action to avoid business failure or at least mitigate the losses.
Bookkeeping has been undervalued but it is the means to provide a financial snapshot of the business. My objective is to make it as easy as possible to take that financial snapshot.
- Wave Accounting – Member Wave Pro Network
- Xero – Certified Advisor
- MYOB – Partner
- Quickbooks – Cloud ProAdvisor
- Reckon – Cloud Advisor
- Saasu – Partner
- FreshBooks Cloud Accounting – FreshBooks Certified Accountant
- Bachelor of Economics / Bachelor of Laws (Macquarie University);
- Master of Laws (University of Technology, Sydney);
- Company Directors Course Diploma (Australian Institute of Company Directors);
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Retired Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of New South Wales (admitted 1982)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors;
- Certified Fraud Examiner;
- Accredited Mediator – Multiparty Mediations (Centre for Dispute Resolution University
of Technology, Sydney);
- DiSC® Accredited;
- Accredited Brian Tracy Trainer & Business Coach;
- Retired Official Liquidator & Trustee in Bankruptcy